Saturday, March 21, 2009

iPod Touch


The iPod Touch is truly an awesome piece of technology. I received my free 8gb Touch with the purchase of my Macbook back in August. At the time, I had no need for it because I was already using an 80gb iPod Classic, which stored more music and video than I could ever need. Due to my stupidity, I had left my iPod Classic in my shorts and long story short, the iPod Classic went through a wash cycle and a half a dryer cycle as well. Much to my surprise, the iPod started up, but then instantly went dead.

The iPod Touch became my main mp3 and media player. I used it primarily for music, and once in a while browsed the net on it. Maybe two weeks ago, I decided to try out some of the free Apps in the App store. Holy sh*t. This thing is awesomeee. The graphics on it are insane and the internal gyroscope adds an extremely useful control mechanism to the system. I downloaded some racing games, as well as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The graphics in these games look as good as the original Xbox's. I don't see why anyone would buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS when you can get an iPod Touch for a lttle over 200 bucks. The iPod offers, in my opinion, as good or better graphics, with a ton of extra features such as a music player, movie player, and web browser for a reasonable price.

The iPod Touch is thin yet has a solid feeling. The glass on the front feels extremely high in quality, unlike some touch screen phones out there with plasticy feeling displays. Everything about this device feels right. The look, style, feel, and actual usability of the product is remarkable. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a multi-media device that can do it all, and do it extremely well at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment